Agent Caceres confirms Zaragoza interest
Posted by
Editor at Thursday, 25 June 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about the rumours linking Barcelona central defender Barcelona central defender and Uruguay international Martín Cáceres (22) with a loan move to Zaragoza (read more here), the player's agent Daniel Fonseca said in an interview with Aragon regional newspaper El Periódico de Aragón that this could be an option:
"I know about the interest, but there's not only Zaragoza, also other teams are interested. I want to wait until he comes back from holidays on 10 July. I can then talk calmly with him and with Barcelona. We're not in a hurry.
Martín needs to play and he will play. If Guardiola cannot find him a place in the team, we'll look at other options. Zaragoza would sure be a nice place for him. Because of the history and the possibilities, it's a great club and I'm happy they have returned to the Liga."
The paper claims that Cáceres, who would prefer to stay in Spain, has also been sounded out by Galatasaray, Celtic Glasgow and Sporting Gijón.
Read more:
Zaragoza wants Caceres on loan
Galatasaray interested in four Barcelona players
Caceres doesn"t want to leave on loan