We have new forums at NiteshKothari.com
TopBottom

Followers

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at clwolvi@gmail.com.

Torres first option to replace Eto'o

Posted by Editor at Tuesday, 10 February 2009
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Catalan sports paper Sport claims that Barcelona is interested in Liverpool forward and Spanish international Fernando Torres (24).

Barcelona president Joan Laporta would have had a first informal but positive meeting with Torres during the FIFA World Player gala in Geneva last month.

If Barcelona wouldn't be able to close a renewal deal with Barcelona forward Samuel Eto'o this year, which is still the first option of the club, Torres would be the main target to replace the Cameroonian striker, ahead of Valencia's Villa and Lyon's Benzema.

Asked about the rumours linking him with several European top clubs, Torres said at a sponsor event yesterday that he is focused on Liverpool: "There has been a lot of talk about a possible transfer to Real Madrid, Chelsea or Barcelona. I can only say that I don't see myself playing at one of those teams, nor in one of the many other teams I've been linked to. I have to remind that I have a long contract with Liverpool and that's it."

Read more:
Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus monitor Xavi talks
Looking for a star
Youth: Liverpool prepares offer for Deulofeu

Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment