Barça B: Gai coming to terms with non-promotion
Posted by
Editor at Thursday, 11 September 2008
|
Share this post:
|
Israeli newspaper Haaretz reports that Barcelona Atlètic left wing attacker and Israeli international Gai Assulin (17) is still struggling to come to terms with Barcelona manager Guardiola's decision not to promote him to the club's senior squad, but that the player remains confident that he will one day wear the uniform of a premier soccer club, hoping it will be with the same organization that has nurtured him for the past five years.
Asked about the fact that he wasn't promoted last summer, Gai said to the newspaper that he had a hard time but that he still hopes to reach the first team:
"At first, I was hurt that I wasn't moved up to Barcelona's senior team. I've lived there since I was twelve with my dad just for the moment that I would play at Camp Nou wearing the jersey of the best team in the world. But every time I became frustrated, I'd look around and see what a great club it was, what a career I could have, and I would tell myself 'Guy, you're at an amazing team and if you're strong, you can get to the top of world soccer'."
Read more:
Barça B: Gai feels ready for first team
Sporting Gijon wants Gai Assulin on loan
Gai disappointed about missing promotion