Barcelona wants Jorquera to leave
Posted by
Editor at Tuesday, 4 August 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about the situation of Barcelona goalkeeper Albert Jorquera (30), Barcelona goalkeeping coach Juan Carlos Unzué has said in an interview with Catalan sports paper Sport that the club still prefers that he would leave this summer:
"We told him last May that our plan was that he wouldn't continue at the club.
We think that the guys from the B team, Miño and Oier, have made great progress and that we can trust them in case it would be necessary. That's why it's the best for everyone to find a solution. It won't be easy. He has one year left and the market looks very difficult this year. But we have time until the end of August to find a solution.
He has had two difficult years because of injuries. He recovered due to his strength of will and we have to recognize that effort. Pinto nevertheless did well in the meantime and Albert became third goalkeeper. He has always behaved professionally. Last December, he indeed had an offer from Sporting, but we thought that the season would be very long and we didn't want to take any risks."
Read more:
Salary demands block exit Jorquera
Barcelona could keep the same three goalkeepers
Xerez interested in Barcelona goalkeeper Jorquera



























Eleven Juvenil players are currently taking part in the pre-season of Barcelona Atlètic (previously known as Barcelona B).