Ribery confirms Barcelona interest
Posted by
Editor at Sunday, 16 August 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Speaking to French television channel TF1, Bayern Munich attacker and French international Franck Ribéry (26) has confirmed that Barcelona is among the clubs that have shown interest in him this summer but has said that he will stay with Bayern this summer:
"I first want to make clear that I have never said that I wanted to leave for Real Madrid. If I would have wanted to leave, I would have announced that. That's why this bothers me, because I have never spoken in public.
Now, I cannot withold clubs from making offers. And it wasn't only Real Madrid. There was also Barcelona, Manchester United and Chelsea. What I can say to them is that today I'm still at Bayern and the doors are really closed now. The club leaders really want me to stay."
Read more:
Misunderstood Ribery wants to join Barcelona
Looking forward to the last transfer window month
Ribery or Cesc