Iniesta thinks Eto'o deserves a statue
Posted by
Editor at Thursday, 6 August 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about the exit of his former team-mate Samuel Eto'o earlier this summer, Barcelona player Andrés Iniesta has praised the Cameroonian striker in an interview with Catalan newspaper La Vanguardia:
"Everyone has dealt with it in his own way, we all have different relationships with each other. I can only say that it was basically something between the club and him, the players weren't involved.
We have to remember Samuel as who he was. History tells us that there have been very few strikers like him since this club exists. I don't even know if there has been anyone like him before, but what I do know is that Barça should make a statue for him. Samuel has been a key player in all those years he has been here, and he has been fundamental in all the trophies we have won."
Read more:
Thank You Samu - Remembering Eto'o at Barca