Cicinho open to offer from Barcelona
Posted by
Editor at Monday, 17 August 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about the rumours linking him with a move to Barcelona (read more here), AS Roma right back defender Cicinho (29) has said in an interview with Italian sports paper Il Corriere dello Sport that he would listen to a concrete offer despite being happy at Roma:
"The first thing that I want to clarify is that I have never expressed to anyone, let alone to Roma, my desire to return to Brazil. I'm feeling very well in Rome, I'm happy with how things are going, certain problems I had in the past have been solved, so at this moment everything is ok. Even for my family. My son is now enrolled in a school here in Rome.
So I don't understand where some rumours are coming from. I have now spent five years in Europe and I don't have any problems at all. I just said that my dream is to return to Brazil in the future and to end my career there. Right now I'm totally focused on recovering from my injury and returning to the pitch in a Roma shirt. The recovery is going well, I am ahead of initial schedule. I am putting everything in to be available for the squad for the second league game against Juventus.
I have never heard anything from Barcelona, I know about it from reading the papers. Of course, I would be a hypocrite if I said, if this was all true, that interest from the club that won the last Champions League would not make me happy, but for now there is nothing. If this would become more concrete and Roma wants to sell me, then we can talk about it again, but, I repeat that I am happy with Roma."
Read more:
Transfer Cicinho could be closed in coming days
Looking for a right back defender
Cicinho prefers to return to Brazil