Cesc father thinks transfer is unlikely
Posted by
Editor at Thursday, 13 August 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about the rumours linking Arsenal midfielder and Spanish international Cesc Fàbregas (22) with a move to Barcelona (read more here), the player's father Francesc Fàbregas has said in an interview with Catalan radio station COM Ràdio that a transfer is unlikely at this moment:
"Cesc is Catalan and culé, and that's of course something he always carries with him. But Cesc has to give everything for the club he's currently playing for, independent of having this feeling.
I don't know anything about the rumoured interest of Barcelona. If that would become a reality one day, I will welcome that, but as a professional and out of respect for Arsenal, where they have always treated him very well, he cannot say anything about those rumours.
I sincerely think that this transfer to Barça won't go through. Of course, the world of football is a crazy world and you never know, but at this moment I think that he will stay with Arsenal. He's totally involved with the club and is very motivated to do something with the team. Cesc is 100 per cent an Arsenal player."
Read more:
Arsenal asking 45 millions for Cesc
Cesc Must Force His Arsenal Exit