Bojan has been promised more playing time
Posted by
Editor at Tuesday, 4 August 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about his decision to stay at the club this summer (read more here), Barcelona forward and Spanish youth international Bojan Krkic (18) has said in an interview with Spanish sports weekly paper Don Balón that he decided not to leave on loan after having talked with Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola:
"I've always in the first place thought in terms of playing, not necessarily in terms of going out on loan. I'm young and at my age, one has to play. But it's also true that it's not the same sitting on the bench at 18 than at 29.
Guardiola told me that I shouldn't even think about a loan and that they would give me chances. To have more playing time here, has always been my priority. If you want to triumph here, you have to go through all this. I'm a culé through and through and because of those strong feeling I have, I will fight and try to grab those playing minutes that can help me becoming a full member of the first team."
Read more:
Treble celebrations lead to resits for Bojan
Guardiola convinced Bojan to stay
Pique reveals dressing-room secrets