Reina keeps Barcelona door open
Posted by
Editor at Sunday, 5 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about the rumours earlier this year linking him with a return to Barcelona (read more here), Liverpool goalkeeper and Spanish international José Manuel Reina (26) has said in an interview with Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo that he wasn't contacted:
"That was just something of the transfer rumour mill, it's a way to put pressure by one of the parties involved.
For me it's an honour, it's nice to be linked with a club like Barça, but there was no contact at all. Having said that, the door will also be open, but not only the Barça's door. Well-educated people are grateful and I'll always be grateful to Barça. If one day I would return, I would be delighted."
Read more:
Who could replace Valdes?
Barcelona looking at possible substitutes for Valdes