Quote of the day: Redknapp
Posted by
Editor at Saturday, 25 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
after last night's friendly game against Barcelona
We have new forums at NiteshKothari.com |
Adding:
"All those young players were excellent and it is not just the passing but the work rate. It was an amazing football lesson. I wish our youth team had been here tonight."
let's not get carried away here... barca was clearly the better team in the first half (as to be expected) playing with a mixture of 1st team players n talented youth players. but in the 2nd half, tho showed a few bright sparks, was far from dominating/convincing...
Yeah... Your youth team would have got their ASSSSS beat badly!!! ;)
This still shows that we have great young players as back-ups now...
I guess he was talking about Pep's 'Full Court Pressing'. I reckon in two, three years time, all teams will be playing this kind of defence. Barcelona of today will be Champions League football of tomorrow. And we will have a huge advantage in having excellent ball playing defenders.
I also think this might result a power shift in football from the EPL to the Spanish and even the Italian league, where defenders are more able to kick out the ball.