Pique could be an option in midfield
Posted by
Editor at Wednesday, 29 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about the rumoured option that he could play as defensive midfielder when Barcelona players Yaya Touré and Seydou Keita will leave for the Africa Cup in January, Barcelona player Gerard Piqué has said at a press conference that it's up to Barcelona manager Guardiola to make that decision:
"I played there with Zaragoza and I wouldn't have any problems in doing it again. I haven't played here in that position but that's a decision for the coach. The truth is, however, that he knows that my favourite position is at centre back.
Ibrahimovic? I consider him as one of the most complete players around at the moment. He's physically strong, has great technique and is very good in the air. It's a delight to watch him play. I believe he's a player for Barça. He paid us a brief visit yesterday as he had to go to the hospital for an operation. I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to talk during the tour."
read more statements here
Read more:
Position of Toure could change
The report of Txiki (2) : Mascherano priority