No Ibrahimovic meeting scheduled so far
Posted by
Editor at Sunday, 19 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about the reports linking Inter Milan forward and Swedish international Zlatan Ibrahimovic (27) with a move to Barcelona (read more here), the player's agent Mino Raiola has repeated in an interview with Italian television channel Sky Sport Italia that he didn't yet talk with Barcelona:
"At this moment, there's no agreement between Barcelona and Ibrahimovic. We'll see how things will go and when we can start negotiating.
There's no meeting with Barcelona planned at this moment. That's not needed now. Inter and Barcelona are trying to turn an interesting hypothesis into reality. As long as the clubs don't have a final agreement, it's useless for me to start negotiating. I'm in regular contact with Ibrahimovic, who's on tour in the US with Inter now. He's not nervous, he's calm and he knows we're working.
I'm tired of getting asked about his salary of 12 millions. That's my problem and that of the player. When we sign a contract, that obviously means that we are happy. When a player puts his signature under a contract, with Barcelona or any other team, that means he's happy. I've never talked about the details of the contracts of the players I represent and I won't start doing that now."
Raiola is meanwhile quoted by Spanish sports tabloid Marca as also saying that the clubs now first have to finalize their agreement: "It's not a done deal yet. Before the clubs start negotiating with the players, they should turn their principal agreement into a final agreement. For this transfer to go through, things should be done in a calm way. I anyhow think that the player would fit perfectly in the team of Barcelona. He's better than Kaká, Cristiano Ronaldo and Benzema together, because he has an excellent technique."
Read more:
Negotiations with Ibrahimovic didn't yet start
Ibrahimovic denies Twitter statements