Hleb regrets Barcelona move
Posted by
Editor at Monday, 20 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Barcelona attacker and Belarusian international Alexander Hleb (28) is quoted by British tabloid The Daily Mail as saying that he regrets having left Arsenal to join Barcelona:
"When you mostly sit on the bench, winning titles brings very little joy, while getting to the last eight of the Champions League with Arsenal was unforgettable.
I regret my move from London, but unfortunately nothing can be done about it now. For me, Wenger was like a father. I consider him one of the best managers in the world. For such a boss one wants to die on the pitch. Arsene managed to create a smashing team with a wonderful atmosphere inside of it. I have no doubts that if Arsenal had the same budget as Barcelona, the Gunners would be among the three best clubs on the planet.'
Read more:
Deal with Inter on Hleb loan
Guardiola decides that Hleb will stay