Hleb may leave this winter
Posted by
Editor at Wednesday, 15 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about his current situation, Barcelona attacking midfielder and Belarussian international Alexander Hleb (27) has said in an interview with Russian sports paper Sport-Express that he would leave in the winter transfer window if nothing changes:
"Thierry Henry told me that his first season in the club was not very successful too and much better than my debut. He advised me to stay until winter and said: “If nothing changes by this time it’s better to search for another club” "
Hleb has tried to find reasons of his unsuccessful start in the Champions League titleholders Barcelona:
"Frankly speaking I don’t explain why I failed to make a perfect start to my career in Barcelona. The team plays wonderfully and there couldn’t be any claims to my partners and coaches".
Hleb still hopes that he can break into the first team :
"I miss football very much and I am set to prove that I am helpful to Barcelona, that I am the first-choice player since the first day of our pre-season preparations".
Read the rest of the interview here
Read more:
Guardiola decides that Hleb will stay
Four English clubs interested in Hleb
Lyon interested in Hleb