Henrique, Fontas and Rueda on first team debut
Posted by
Editor at Saturday, 25 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Some players who made their debut with Barcelona's first team yesterday, commented after the Tottenham game to Barcelona's official website.
Henrique
I was a bit nervous at the start, but I gained more confidence and I was able to calm down. There was some anxiety with my first few touches, but I will continue working.
The team has done well and we played the ball around well. For me it is easier to come out from the back with the ball. There is not a lot of difference to how Bayer Leverkusen played and I will work on my game.
Andreu Fontàs (picture)
The feeling is a good one. Playing in a stadium like that with a team like Barça... It was great. When you go out on to the pitch you forget about your nerves. We are happy with the way we played and it was a shame to concede a late goal, but a lot B team players appeared. It is great to play with so many good players.
José Manuel Rueda
It was a comfortable game. We all played 45 minutes each and I enjoyed that. It was a tough game, but we played well and we enjoyed playing in such a stadium and with the players we have.
read more post-match reactions here