Gudjohnsen still unaware of future
Posted by
Editor at Wednesday, 22 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about his future (read more here), Barcelona attacker and Icelandic international Eidur Gudjohnsen (30) has said at a press conference that he still doesn't know if he will stay or leave the club:
"I still don't know what the future will bring, although I hope it will be solved in the coming weeks. As time goes by, we'll see if I stay or if I leave. I won't tell you anything more than that, because it's not yet clear to me.
I will possibly be able to tell you more in the weeks to come. For now, I'm staying but we all know that everything can change. I can only say that my decision will exclusively depend on sporting reasons. I'm now only tinking about preparing myself mentally and physically for the new season, that will be long and hard, with a lot of trophies in play. I'm motivated for that. I look back at my time in England with great memories. It was a wonderful time but whether I will return to England is not so sure. I think we can only see what the future holds."
Read more:
Gudjohnsen open to return to England
Guardiola about current Barca players
Gudjohnsen waiting for Guardiola meeting