Gai has his Spanish passport
Posted by
Editor at Thursday, 16 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Barcelona has officially announced that Barcelona Atlètic wing attacker and Israel youth international Gai Assulin (18) has obtained the Spanish nationality, which will allow him to play with the first team next season (read more here).
Asked about the new situation, Gai told the club's official media that he was very happy: "This is very important for me, because without the passport I couldn't make my debut with the first team. A new door has now been opened, this is a great advantage but the most important thing is now to keep on proving myself on the pitch.
I saw some of my team-mates making their debut with the first team and I guess I was jealous in a healthy way. I don't know if I get my chance soon. It's a decision the coaches should make. For me, it's just about giving my best and trying to add as much as possible to the team in which I play."
Read more:
Gai: "I believe one day I'll reach the first team"
Gai could leave on loan