Filipe putting pressure through press conference
Posted by
Editor at Friday, 10 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Galicia regional newspaper El Ideal Gallego claims that Deportivo La Coruña left back defender Filipe Luis (23) could give a press conference tomorrow.
Filipe would have confirmed this to the paper when arriving in A Coruña yesterday after having returned earlier than expected from holiday to talk with Deportivo president Augusto César Lendoiro.
The player's agent José Carlos Lages told the paper that Filipe will travel today to Madrid to try and talk with the president about his transfer to Barcelona. If the meeting the player asked with Lendoiro wouldn't go through today or tomorrow, Filipe reportedly wants to make publicly clear that he wants to join Barcelona this summer.
Barcelona would have made a bid of 9,4 million euro° for Filipe: 8 million euro° would go to Deportivo and 1,4 million euro° would go to the Brazilian's former team Rentistas. The Uruguayan club still needs to receive money from Deportivo for the transfer of Filipe last year.
Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo claims that Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain did not raise the first 8 million euro° offer like had been said before (read more here), while Deportivo is asking 12 to 13 million euro° for the Brazilian left back.
Read more:
Deportivo rejects new Filipe bid
Osasuna player Monreal left back option
Filipe putting pressure on Deportivo