Exit bonus last step for Eto'o transfer
Posted by
Editor at Wednesday, 22 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Italian sports paper La Gazzetta dell Sport claims that the negotiations between Eto'o and Barcelona about the exit bonus are the last step before finalizing of the transfer, after the striker yesterday agreed a deal with Inter Milan (read more here).
The player's agent Josep Maria Mesalles would be in Barcelona today to hold talks with Barcelona officials on the exit bonus the Cameroonian striker will receive. The player would be asking for 3 to 4 million euro.
Eto'o, who will reportedly sign a five-year contract worth 10 million euro plus an incentive of 2 million euro for every trophy won by the Italian club, is quoted by the paper as telling Inter sports director Marco Branca yesterday afternoon by phone that he wants to tie his bonuses to team achievements:
"Chief, I am delighted to join Inter, and I'm convinced that we can bring the Champions League to Milan. I don't want bonuses linked with the goals I score. Scoring is my job, and that's what I'm already paid for. Bonuses linked with team successes, like the Champions, is the right way to go. And with this team we can win everything."
Read more:
Deal Inter-Eto'o will be announced soon
Eto'o agent met with AC Milan agent
Deal between Inter and Eto'o