Eto'o presented as new Inter Milan player
Posted by
Editor at Tuesday, 28 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Former Barcelona player Samuel Eto'o has this afternoon been presented as new player of Italian champions Inter Milan.
Some quotes from the press conference:
"I thank Barcelona and my former team-mates. I spent wonderful years with that shirt. Many thanks to the club, the team-mates and the fans.
I want to write Inter Milan history. I won almost everything with Barca and I hope to do the same here. The Golden Boot? It would be nice but I think in the first place about the interests of the team.
Ibrahimovic has kissed the shirt of Barça? That's his choice. I won't do that for now because I first want to earn the trust of the fans on the pitch. Ibrahimovic is a great player but I am Samuel Eto'o and my past and my victories speak for me. I do not like comparisons. I wish Zlatan all the best.
When we won the Champions League with Barcelona after many years of disappointment, the fans went totally crazy. I think that winning it with Inter would have the same effect. It will be an exciting challenge trying to win that trophy.
I do not want to talk too much about the issue of racism. I always played in Spain and I have great experience in international matches. I want to be happy in Italy and with Inter. If this problem comes up, we'll discuss it but I hope it won't. I am pleased to have my dark skin. If I wouldn't have had it, I probably would not be the player I am today.
A player who I admire? I can't really give you a name. I watch a lot of games and goalkeepers are often crucial in a team. Victor Valdes is a great player but I have been saying for several years that Iniesta is a phenomenon and now I am happy that he has exploded."