Chygrynskiy wants to join Barcelona
Posted by
Editor at Friday, 24 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about the rumours linking Shakhtar Donetsk central defender and Ukrainian international Dmytro Chygrynskiy (22) with a move to Barcelona (read more here), Shakhtar manager Mircea Lucescu has said in an interview with Catalan radio station COM Ràdio that the player has asked to leave:
"If a team like Barça wants you, you cannot say no. I understand the player, why he badly wants to join Barça. Who wouldn't want that? Every football player in the world would want that. I also understand that the club might need to sell, I understand Barça...
It will be a great transfer for Barça. It's a very important player, the best defender in Europe, better than Vidic. He's tall, strong and technically good. He's used to win, to play with pressure, at the highest level. I don't see why he couldn't play at Barça. For me, it would be difficult to lose him, because we need to qualify for the Champions League, which is very important for us."
Read more:
Barcelona prepares new bid for Chygrynskiy
Barcelona keeps trying for Chygrynskiy