Chygrynskiy confirms Barcelona offer
Posted by
Editor at Tuesday, 7 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about the rumours linking him with a move to Barcelona (read more here), Shakhtar Donetsk central defender and Ukrainian international Dmytro Chygrynskiy (22) is unconfirmedly quoted as saying in an interview with Ukrainian sports paper Sport-Arena that an offer has been made:
"I've talked with the president about Barcelona and you can see my decision. I'm still at Shakhtar. The president invited me to discuss the issue face to face, we've weighed the pros and the cons and we've come to a common decision.
There are a lot of things to take into account, starting with the offer by Barcelona and ending with the fact that Shakhtar is a great club. We've won the Uefa Cup and we're making quick progress and the ambitions of the clubs are growing. Of course I know that Barcelona isn't making an offer like that every day, which is understandable. Maybe this is my only chance. On the other hand, if I show that I'm worthy of their interest, Barcelona will come back."
Catalan sports paper Sport claims that, although Shakhtar is publicly stating they don't want to sell Chygrynskiy, the Ukrainian club would be willing to let the central defender leave if an offer of 20 million euro° comes in. Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo claims that Barcelona isn't willing to pay that asking price.
Read more:
Shakhtar rejects offer for Chyhrynskiy
Barcelona has been in contact with 22 players
Negotiations with Shakhtar on Chygrynskiy