Agent Mata confirms Barcelona interest
Posted by
Editor at Friday, 3 July 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about the rumours linking Valencia left wing attacker and Spanish international Juan Mata (21) with a move to Barcelona (read more here), the player's father and agent Juan Manuel Mata has confirmed the interest in an interview with Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo:
"I know about the interest of Barça because Valencia president Llorente told me about it. He said that both Barça and Madrid want him but that he's not going to sell. But in football, things can change in a week or in one day. As far as I know there could have been a joint bid for Villa and Mata and individual bids for each of them. That's what it seems like to me.
I've also been a football player and I can assure you that every player would like to play in a top team where they can win everything. And everybody also wants to get a better financial deal. I don't want to talk about the last renewal offer we received from Valencia, otherwise I could say stupid things."
* Juan Manuel Mata repeated in an interview with Spanish radio station Cadena Ser that Barcelona has made two concrete offers: "I know of the interest of Barça because Valencia confirmed this to me. But the club says they won't sell to anybody. They're not willing to listen to offers for their players, and certainly not for Mata. Now there seem to be a new offer. The first one was an offer for him and Villa and now there's one only for him."
Asked about the first renewal offer he yesterday received from Valencia, Juan Manuel Mata said in an interview with Valencia regional newspaper Las Provincias that this offer is clearly not enough: "It's not at all what we thought it would be, although I want to stress that the boy is feeling very comfortable and happy in Valencia. I'll meet with Valencia next weeek to discuss things." *
Read more:
Valencia rejects offers for Mata
Next season's team (3)
Van Persie, Malouda and Mata next on the list