Vidic confirms Barcelona offer
Posted by
Editor at Tuesday, 30 June 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about rumours earlier this summer linking him with several European top clubs among which Barcelona (read more here), Manchester Untied central defender and Serbian international Nemanja Vidic (27) has confirmed in an interview with British tabloid The Sun that he received an offer from Barcelona but that he will continue in England next season:
"My wife Ana is unhappy with our lifestyle in Manchester but I am not going to change my mind as I am happy with the team and Manchester and the club's ambitions for next season.
I got offers from Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid and I played a very honest game. I disclosed all these offers to my boss Sir Alex. He reacted quickly. I was told he was raising my pay to bring it to the level where my reputation is in the Premier League and Europe.
After Milan and Real Madrid made their offers, Barcelona came in. They wanted to pay 30 millions for my services but after Sir Alex's move, I am definitely staying in Manchester until my contract expires in 2012. People often forget that when you move from one country to another and from one league to another, you have to change your playing style. My style of play is now completely adjusted to the Premier League."
Read more:
Vidic on top of Barcelona's target list
Vidic dismisses Barcelona rumours
Barcelona looking to sign Vidic this summer