Cesc wants to start winning titles
Posted by
Editor at Wednesday, 24 June 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about a rumour linking him with a move to Spain (read more here), Arsenal midfielder and Spanish international Cesc Fàbregas (22) has said in an interview with British tabloid The Sun that it would be difficult for him to choose between Barcelona and Real Madrid:
"At the moment it's not happened so I don't have to choose. For any player it gives great pride that those two clubs come to sign him. It would be a difficult choice.
Of course my family would understand if I signed for Real Madrid because they love me, they want me to be happy and what is best for me. They'd support me, whichever club I joined. My family will always be there for me, whatever decision I make. They're the ones who are always by my side.
The absence of titles at Arsenal is what angers me the most, seeing the impotence. This year we wanted it, we were giving everything - but we couldn't reach the level that everyone expected of Arsenal. When you win, you're well. But when you don't, everyone is in a bad mood. For four years now, we've needed a title to regain our belief in ourselves.
I will never force my way out by publicly declaring his desire to leave. It's not the way I am. If I have to say I want to leave I will do it face to face. If one day I'm not happy, I am the first who will tell the manager. I admire Arsene Wenger but each of us has his own life and looks after his own interests."
Read more:
Barcelona preparing bid for Cesc
Cesc wants to continue at Arsenal
Barcelona wants Cesc and four other players