All parties deny deal on Ibrahimovic
Posted by
Editor at Wednesday, 10 June 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Inter Milan yesterday put out an official statement on its website denying a deal with Barcelona on the transfer of Inter Milan forward and Swedish international Zlatan Ibrahimovic (27):
"During the transfer window, a headline in a newspaper is enough to transform groundless rumours into truth.
This is what has happened today after the article published in Barcelona newspaper El Mundo Deportivo about a presumed deal between FC Internazionale and the Catalan club. Besides being completely unfounded, the presumed deal seems remote from any logic, even to the eyes of neutral observers. The report is, therefore, groundless."
Asked about the rumours linking Ibrahimovic with an exit, Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti nevertheless told the club's official television channel that Inter could sell players this summer if a good bid comes in: "Soon, and with calm, we will reach a solution. We are not forced to sell or buy. We have a strong team, with players who have shown they care about Inter, like Ibrahimovic who in his three years with us has done his duty as a great professional.
So I think we can continue like this unless there are situations where we can close a good deal for the club. With the current economic climate it is obviously necessary to sell as well, but I am not pushing in one direction or another. We will see what happens in the summer transfer market, we will try to create a strong team next year too because our objectives won't change."
The player's agent Mino Raiola commented on the rumours in an interview with Spanish radio station Onda Cero: "There's no deal with any club that's not Inter and we're not allowed to talk with another club. It's normal that presidents of two clubs talk with eachother like happened last week.
Moratti also likes Messi and they're talking about him too. Ibrahimovic hasn't a preference for any team. The club that wants him should talk with Inter first and then they should offer us a sporting and an economic project. The two are important. His fee? I think Ibrahimovic is worth the same as Kaká and Cristiano Ronaldo together.”
Barcelona president Joan Laporta also denied that there’s a deal in an interview with Catalan radio station Catalunya Ràdio. Asked about his future, Ibrahimovic meanwhile unconfirmedly said in an interview with Swedish television channel TV4 that he knows more about his future: “I know where I will play next season, but I keep it for myself. And I’m feeling comfortable with that.”
Read more:
Deal with Inter on Ibrahimovic
Barcelona wants to renew Eto'o
Meeting with Inter on Ibrahimovic: A reconstruction