Silva wants to stay at Valencia
Posted by
Editor at Saturday, 9 May 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about the rumours linking him with several European top clubs among which Barcelona (read more here), Valencia left winger and Spanish international David Silva (23) has said in an interview with Madrid sports tabloid As that he prefers to stay at Valencia:
"I want one thing to be clear: I don't want to leave Valencia. I'm feeling very good here, I'm here since I was 13 years old and my family, which is the most important thing for me, is very happy and feels at home. I want to fulfill my contract and despite all the talking I'm quite relaxed.
I'm already at a big club and I don't think I have lost a year. I want to return to the Champions League with Valencia. That the club has given the permission to my agent to start talks with Juventus is their choice, I had nothing to do with that. But in football anything can happen and even more when you look at the situation Valencia is in.
It will nevertheless also depend on me. If I want to leave or not and, if that's the case, where I want to go to. If you look at how they play, how they always want to have the ball, Barcelona is the team that would suit my qualities best. But I also played at teams who didn't have the ball a lot, like Eibar, and that also went well."
Read more:
Asenjo, Zhirkov and Silva main transfer targets
Possible new bid for Silva
A goalkeeper, a left back and a striker