We have new forums at NiteshKothari.com
TopBottom

Followers

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at clwolvi@gmail.com.

Arsenal confident about keeping Cesc

Posted by Editor at Saturday, 4 April 2009
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Asked about the newrumours linking Arsenal midfielder and Spanish international Cesc Fàbregas (21) with a move to Barcelona (read more here), Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger has said at a press conference that he's not bothered by the speculation:

"Why should I be disappointed? If I was disappointed, that would mean I should expect another behaviour, but I do not. No, it does not annoy me. What is important is how well we deal with this kind of thing inside the club. That is more important than what people say.

It is about how much energy we put into achieving things and not worrying about what people say or think. Any distraction would be a weakness from our side and a wrong excuse. We do not want that. We cannot influence what people say, or write or think. We can influence how much success we can achieve together. The period which is in front of us can be a formidable human experience for our players, and that is what I want it to be. What is the most important is that we do as well as we can.

So what is important is not who stays or goes in July but the next game. It is important we concentrate on the short-term rather than become involved in speculation. We have twenty-five players and everyone wants them. I anyway think we are in a strong position to keep Fàbregas in the summer."

Read more:
Cesc will make decision at the end of the season
Cesc rejects Madrid because of Barça dream

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment