Sylvinho doesn't exclude a renewal
Posted by
Editor at Sunday, 15 March 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about his future now that his contract expires in the summer, Barcelona left back defender Sylvinho (34) has said in an interview with football site ESPNsoccernet that he will make a decision later on in the season:
"I didn't yet had time to decide what to do as from next season. I will wait to go further on in the season, until it is almost over, and then I will take a decision.
Now I'm focused on my work, which is demanding every day and every week, concentrating in all matches and training sessions. That's why I prefer to concentrate on my work for now."
The Brazilian left back defender is quoted by Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo as not excluding another renewal of his contract despite not having heard anything from the club yet:
"The club didn't tell me anything so far. It's not easy, it's a delicate situation but I don't have a deadline. Last season it was hard but this year I try to focus on the three competitions we're still in, so my mind is busy. I prefer to be involved with the team. Besides, I get to play more this season and I feel strong, dealing better with my situation and my place within the squad than last season."
Read more:
Sylvinho wants to stay longer
Barcelona will sign left back next summer
Sylvinho: "Even the players are surprised"