We have new forums at NiteshKothari.com
TopBottom

Followers

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at clwolvi@gmail.com.

Manchester City prepares summer bid for Toure

Posted by Editor at Wednesday, 4 March 2009
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

British newspaper The Guardian claims that Barcelona defensive midfielder and Ivory Coast international Yaya Touré (25). (read more here) is on an extenive list of transfer targets drawn up by Manchester City.

Touré is thought to be part of a summer recruitment programme worth 225 million euro that the English Premier League club would be planning.

Other names on the list would include Chelsea defender John Terry (in a cash-plus-Robinho swap deal), Valencia forward David Villa, Arsenal defender Kolo Touré and Blackburn Rovers forward Roque Santa Cruz.

Asked about his contract renewal (read more
here), Touré said last week at a press conference that he's not worried about the issue: "I'm a real professional and I'm very happy here. I know that my agent is pushing a bit but that's his job. For me, the important thing is to work hard and to win a lot of trophies here. I'm a calm person and I don't like polemic. My contract only expires in 2011, so we have a lot of time left to talk."

Read more:
Toure to join Arsenal in the summer
Agent Toure criticizes postponing renewal talks
Bid from Manchester City for Toure

0 comments:

Post a Comment