Hleb believes in Barcelona future
Posted by
Editor at Monday, 30 March 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about his situation at Barcelona, Barcelona attacker and Belarusian international Alexander Hleb (27) has unconfirmedly said to journalists in his home-country that he still believes he can prove himself at Barcelona:
"I've spoken with Guardiola about my situation and my role in the squad. I've told him how I thought about it but the content of our conversation stays between us.
I've expressed to him my firm desire to demonstrate that Barcelona didn't make a mistake by signing me. I want to settle down in the team and I want to achieve great things in the Spanish league.
Henry, Messi and Iniesta are my direct rivals while competing for a spot in the team. They are three absolute quality players, but that’s hardly any consolation to accept that I am a substitute. If I were 20 years old, I would have time to wait for my chance, but I'm almost 28 years old and things are different then.
At Stuttgart and Arsenal, I also had problems in the beginning, so I’m not going mad. It's not a situation that is new to me and I know how to handle it. And I've not started to have doubts about myself either but it is only logical that I'm not happy. If I wouldn't want more playing time, I wouldn't be a good professional."
Read more:
Hleb could be part of Ribery deal
Guardiola wants goalkeeper, left winger and striker
Hleb not looking to leave