We have new forums at NiteshKothari.com
TopBottom

Followers

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at clwolvi@gmail.com.

Gudjohnsen has no intention to leave

Posted by Editor at Saturday, 7 March 2009
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Asked about the continuous rumours over the past years linking him with an exit, Barcelona attacker and Iceland international Eidur Gudjohnsen (30), whose contract expires in 2010, has said in an interview with football site Goal that at this moment he has no intention to leave the club:

"I am a lot more confident this season and I am playing more games. Last summer I spoke to Guardiola and he told me that he wanted me to stay and that gave me confidence, and now I am playing better this year. I do not officially know if I have played more games, but I am enjoying my time this season a lot more.

I really like the city and being here so I am happy. I know that every year things are said, but I have not wanted to leave Barcelona. I think it is normal in football for there to be stories, but with Guardiola coming in and telling me he wanted me that was a big thing.

I would nevertheless love to play at PSV Eindhoven again. I think it is a really good club and I was treated very well during my time there. Maybe I do not have the best memories, given that I was injured a lot, but I learned a lot at the club. But I do not want to go back now of course, because I am playing for Barcelona and I want to stay here and win things."

Read more:
PSV interested in Gudjohnsen
Barcelona plans few changes in the summer
Everton interested in Gudjohnsen

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment