We have new forums at NiteshKothari.com
TopBottom

Followers

Announcement: wanna exchange links? contact me at clwolvi@gmail.com.

Benzema will stay at Lyon next season

Posted by Editor at Friday, 13 March 2009
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Asked about the rumours linking him with several European top clubs among which Barcelona (read more here), Olympique Lyon forward and French international Karim Benzema (21) has said at a press conference today that he will stay at least one more year with his club:

"I will stay at Lyon. I still have a lot of work to do, to make some steps forwards. I'm very good here at Lyon, the club takes part in the Champions League each season, I'm well-integrated. I will stay at Lyon next season.

I made my decision before the tie with Barcelona, although the games confirmed what I thought. I had said that I would made it after the 1/8 finals but I said that without thinking. I shouldn't have said that. Honestly, I've always wanted to stay with Lyon even when some bad results have made me doubt a little.

I still have to learn a lot, both on and off the pitch, before I join an absolute top team. I still have a long way to go. It's not that I don't feel ready. It's mainly mentally that I have to make progress. I'm only 21 years old, it's only my second season as starter at Lyon. I have plenty of years left to go to another club.

The results of Lyon this season won't have an influence. It's about me and the progress I still have to make to reach the highest level. The World Cup in 2010 didn't really influence my decision. I think president Aulas is relieved with my decision. But, together with my father, I already talked with him before. I have a career plan and my stay here hasn't ended."

Read more:
Abidal doesn't want to be part of Benzema deal
Txiki talks about the summer transfer market
Barcelona in pole position for Benzema

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment