Barcelona president opens door for Cesc return
Posted by
Editor at Thursday, 5 March 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about a possible return of Arsenal midfielder and Spanish international Cesc Fàbregas (21) (read more here), Barcelona president Joan Laporta has suggested in an interview with Spanish radio station Radio Punto that the club is interested in the Catalan player:
"Cesc was born here and grew up in our youth academy. He has the Barça DNA, our way of playing, the passing football. We always go for the victory, we have an aestetical idea about football and that plays a decisive role. Players like Iniesta, Cesc, Xavi, Busquets, Bojan... all the youth players have that same idea. Does that mean we will sign Cesc? I don't know, that depends on the technical staff."
Asked about Cesc's statements that he would consider a transfer if Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger would leave the club (read more here), the French coach said at a press conference that he hopes that the player will stay longer than him with the English Premier League club:
"I hope his future will last longer than mine because I think he can still be here in ten years. He should be one of the bases of this club. I think the club should be built around personalities like Cesc and that’s why I hope he will still be here. He was born in 1987 and he is 22 years old in 2009 and at 32 he will still play."
Read more:
Cesc considers transfer if Wenger leaves Arsenal
Barcelona moving for Arsenal trio
Cesc wants to return to Barcelona