Sylvinho wants to stay longer
Posted by
Editor at Wednesday, 25 February 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about his future now his contract with Barcelona is expiring at the end of this season, Barcelona left back defender Sylvinho (34) has suggested in an interview with Catalan radio station RAC 1 that he wants to stay longer at the club:
"I feel very comfortable, I like the club a lot, I get along great with everyone and I'm delighted. We all know that my contract expires. If the club wants that, they will renew it. If time goes by and I don't hear anything, I will have to look for another club."
In statements quoted by Catalan sports paper Sport, Sylvinho is more explicit about his wish to stay next season: "I want to stay here. Now I first want to finish the season in a good way since we all know that we're entering a very important stage. But of course it's clear that I want to stay.
Maybe Celtic could indeed be interested, but I never looked for that. When the issue appeared, that was was four or five months after my renewal. At Barcelona I feel very comfortable, I have a lot of friends and I'm good. With the arrival of Pep Guardiola a new era has started."
Read more:
Barcelona will sign left back next summer
Sylvinho wants to stay until end of the season
Barcelona plans few changes in the summer