Hleb could be part of Ribery deal
Posted by
Editor at Saturday, 28 February 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo claims that Barcelona will make a bid of 30 million euro° for Bayern Munich wing attacker and French international Franck Ribéry (25).
Although Bayern Munich refused last summer a 40 million euro bid by Chelsea for Ribéry, the German club could now agree with a transfer as a consecuence of the pressure by the player.
The paper claims that Barcelona has made the player a contract offer for four (plus two) years including a fixed year salary of 5 million euro.
One of Ribéry's agents, Jean-Pierre Bernès, didn't want to confirm or deny that he has been holding talks with Barcelona sports director Txiki Begiristain since last month (read more here), although he said that Barcelona is a possible destination for Ribéry if he would leave Bayern.
Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge would meanwhile have asked for Barcelona attacker and Belarus international Alexander Hleb (27) (read more here) and Barcelona president Joan Laporta would have said that the player is for sale.
Barcelona, that paid 15 (plus 3) million euro for Hleb last year, would now asking a transfer fee between 14 and 18 million euro°. The transfer of Hleb could be used to lower the transfer price of Ribéry, although Hleb seems to prefer at this moment a return to the English Premier League or a move to Italy.
Asked about the new rumours linking Ribéry with a move to Barcelona (read more here), the player's agent Alain Miglaccio has also said in an interview with Catalan radio station RAC 1 that Barcelona is one of the options for the player: "If Ribéry leaves, it will be to go to a club like Barcelona, where you have only great players. To play at Barça would be something phenomenal for him, like for every football player."
Read more:
Ribery or Gourcuff to replace Henry next summer
Deal with Ribery and pre-agreement with Bayern
Hleb could already leave this summer