Eto'o wants to stay at Barcelona
Posted by
Editor at Sunday, 22 February 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about his declarations to a French paper that caused some uncertainty about his future (read more here), Barcelona forward and Cameroon international Samuel Eto'o (27) has said to journalists that he wants to stay at Barcelona:
"With all respect, but the only ones who have tried to stir things up are you, the press. We all know what will happen tomorrow. You're talking as if my contract expires in June but I still have a contract until 2010.
For a lot of people, I was the bad guy and they tried to hurt me. From now on, I hope that you only talk about what we do on the pitch. All this wasn't necessary. The day I gave Pep my word, that wasn’t only for this season but I gave him my support until the end. I'm feeling good here, I'm happy and I have a good relationship with the team-mates. I want to continue and I think that Barça wants the same at this moment."
In an interview French newspaper Le Parisien, Eto'o has also expressed his wish to continue at the club: "I've just said that I knew what I wanted to do. Which is normal, I have to think about my future! But I didn't tell them what I wanted. I can say it to you now: I'm fine at Barça and I want to stay here. So if they want me to continue, they'll make me an offer later. But this isn't the moment yet."
Read more:
Eto'o: "I already made a decision on my future"
Ronaldinho and Eto'o on possible Milan reunion
Eto'o wants to stay next season