Eto'o postpones renewal negotiations
Posted by
Editor at Tuesday, 13 January 2009
|
Share this post:
|
Asked about a possible renewal of his contract that expires in 2010, Barcelona forward and Cameroon international Samuel Eto'o (27) has said at a press conference that this is not the time to talk about this issue:
"The problem is that it's still too early to talk about this. We have to wait until everything has finished, in a good way, and afterwards we'll talk about it. The Liga is not even half-way and now we don't need new things that will make us lose focus. When the time is there to talk about this, we will do that. At this moment, I want to think about the training sessions and the games.
I want to thank my team-mates because they helped me to stay at Barcelona last summer. They know me and they believed that I could be helpful this season. Experience has shown us that every player who suffers an injury needs a certain time to return but this is Barça, the best club in the world, and they always should look for the best. If they thought at a certain moment that they couldn't wait longer before I found my best form again, I understand that because Barcelona isn't a club who can afford it to lose time. So I've turned the page and I don't hold anything against anyone."
Read more:
First positive meeting on Eto'o renewal
Eto'o: "Renewal talks should wait for the summer"
Barcelona wants to renew Eto'o