Barcelona preparing bid for AZ striker El Hamdaoui
Posted by
Editor at Tuesday, 16 December 2008
|
Share this post:
|
Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf claims, based on unconfirmed Spanish sources, that Barcelona is still interested in AZ Alkmaar forward Mounir El Hamdaoui (24) (read more here).
The interest could soon become concrete with Barcelona preparing a bid of 20 million euro° for the Dutch-Moroccan striker, who is at this moment the leading goal scorer in the Dutch league with 14 goals out of 14 games.
Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad claims that Barcelona scouts are closely following El Hamdaoui and that there were again Spanish scouts present on Saturday to watch the player in the game against Feyenoord. AZ would have accepted that they won't be able to keep the striker if a serious offer comes in during the January tansfer window.
Asked about the rumours linking him to Barcelona, El Hamdaoui seemed to suggest in an interview with Dutch television channel Eredivisie Live that there has been contact: "I heard about the interest of Barcelona, yes. Although I won't tell here how or when I heard it. We'll see what will happen."
In an interview with Dutch television channel NOS, the striker said that he's now focusing on finishing the year with his club: "I'm only thinking about AZ at this moment. We still have two games to play before the winter break. That's what I'm focusing on."
Read more:
Barcelona is following AZ striker Dembele
PSV's Afellay is on the list
Barcelona following Dutch topscorer El Hamdaoui